a slight dilemma
More than a year ago, I started work on this quilt, with hopes of finishing in time to take it to college. I figure having a nice handmade quilt in college will be great: cute, fun, and a daily reminder of my creativity. A few weeks ago, I remembered my goal, and now, less than two months before college (scary!) I’m attempting to finish an enormous quilt.
I dug out the box full of patches, and counted up in accordance with my self-made chart. I then cut out as many additional patches as I could from my fabric scraps… then I ran out of half of the fabrics. According to my calculations, I need at least half a yard more of each of the lacking fabrics. And, as this was a stashbusting quilt, most of the fabrics were purchased from Jo-Ann’s clearance section well over a year ago, so I have no idea how to track them down. Oh no!
For now, I suppose I’ll keep stitching together patches.. I’ve got an extremely basic pattern in mind that I came up with myself (although I’m sure it’s been done before) but unfortunately, it uses a pretty much equal amount of each patch. Perhaps I can do a few simple patch substitutions with similar fabrics; as long as it’s somewhat organized, it should look pretty decent. I’ve still got some hope! But I can’t help realizing that I do not have the time to complete a full-size quilt; ugh. The quilt top is easy, but I have no idea how to do the other stuff!
So wish me luck, and hopefully I’ll come back with a slightly more optimistic post!