The first day of summer has subtly announced itself, with gray sleepy skies that threaten rain and possible thunder. I don’t mind the lack of heat, and of course I never mind a good thunderstorm. For about a week now, I’ve been compiling a list of the many things I want to get done this summer, crafty and otherwise… but mostly crafty. Because that’s what I love!
So here it goes so far, but don’t be surprised if I add more!
THIS SUMMER I WANT TO:
- paint one wall in my room with magnetic paint and make it a collage wall
- apply and stock up for Crafty Bastards in DC on September 30
- embroider something on a golf shirt for my dad for father’s day
- try to embroider a photo on something for my mom
- sell my scrapbook stuff on ebay
- figure out how to make these rick rack flowers
- make beads out of starburst wrappers
- get the sewing room straightened up and figure out what i can do with all this fabric
- use lots of fabric so i can buy more
- make one or two pairs of sleep shorts, at least one dress, and at least 3 skirts… oh and that turquiose shirt w/buttons
- get a beading corner set up in my room
- contribute to the sampler
- try to write a poem every day and hopefully blog them most of the time
- give caroline (little neighbor who just got a machine) and brittany (soccer friend who just got a machine) sewing lessons.. i would have so much fun teaching them!
- get a raise
- eat ice cream
- through july and august, work at least 100 hours
- no spending money – save save save!
- play the sims some because i love it and haven’t played in ages
- and ratchet & clank, perfect my guitar hero skills
- get publicity for the site/pass out business cards everywhere
- make some baby blankets to donate
- make plush sheep
- get lots and lots of pictures on flickr
- work on footskills (soccer)
- ab lounge every day (yes, we just got one and its great, i love it!)
- lots and lots of blogging
- get sewing room organized, keep everything clean
- lots of random acts of kindess, try to make someone’s day as many times as possible